We look forward to welcoming you to the Australian International School (AIS). Our Admissions Process reflects our values of respect, opportunity and achievement and is designed to ensure the smoothest possible transition for your family. We offer rolling enrolment subject to availability, throughout the year as long as spaces are available for students 18 months to 18 years old.
AIS aims to make the admissions process a pleasant, straightforward experience. Please note that admissions meetings and school tours are available by appointment only. To enquire about availability of places, request more information or to book an admissions appointment, please contact the Admissions Department at +65 6517 0247.
Prospective students need to submit all required forms and documents online and pay a non-refundable Application Fee in order to be considered for admission. To submit an application please click here. Applications are considered in chronological order of receipt. Each applicant is reviewed individually and independently.
Once the required forms and documents have been submitted and the Application Fee has been received, the Admissions Office and the appropriate school administration will review the application file. More information, tests or interviews may be requested. Families will be notified by email of the outcome.
When a place is offered and an email acceptance of a place has been received, payment of the facility fee must be paid within 7 calendar days of the receipt of the invoice. If the Facility Fee is not received within 7 calendar days, priority will be given to other applicants. The Medical Examination Form will need to be completed and returned prior to the student’s start date.
To apply, please submit the following mandatory items:
- Completed online application for Admission*
- Application Fee for each applicant*
- Employment Letter of Guarantee (if applicable)*
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport*
- Official transcripts or report cards for the current year and two years prior to current year level (if needed translated into English and certified)*
- Reference requests completed by a teacher from Prep to Year 12
- Early Years Centre Questionnaire to be completed by a parent
- Secondary School Questionnaire to be completed by students applying for Year 6 through Year 12
- Latest NAPLAN results or other standardized achievement test – compulsory for students Year 3 and above (students from outside Australia may be asked to undertake an ACER test which can be completed at AIS or their current school) *
- Educational assessment or specialist reports (where applicable)
- Two Passport sized photographs
- Photocopy of Singapore pass/visa
- Photocopy of applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of immunisation record
- Application for International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (if applicable)
- AIS Medical Examination Form
* required at time of application
If a place is not available at the time you wish to join, your child’s name will be placed on the wait list and you will be notified as soon as a vacancy is anticipated. Please notify the Admissions Office of any changes of address or other contact details or if your circumstances change. Wait list priority is given to families with siblings.
AIS aims to welcome all family members into our community. As such, our first admissions priority is given to families with siblings currently attending AIS. Acceptance into year levels with very limited places will be reserved for children with a sibling or multiple siblings already enrolled at AIS or with applications submitted. Siblings will also be given first priority should there be a wait list in their year level.
Singapore Nationality/Singapore Passport Holders
Approval is required from the Ministry of Education (MOE) before a Singaporean student (6 years old and above) is allowed to attend classes at AIS. The application for approval from the MOE will be sent as soon as a student is accepted, as required. Please note that Singaporean applicants to AIS who are 6 years old and above will be accepted onto our waitlist and no place will be reserved for the student until formal approval has been granted by the MOE.
The following students will require a Student Pass:
- Students whose parents are Permanent Residents of Singapore, but the student is not
- Students who are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass (for example step children)
- Where neither parent has an Employment Pass
AIS will register a child requiring a Student Pass with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) after acceptance and parents will process the application from there. Please note that applicants to AIS requiring a Student Pass will be accepted onto our wait list and no place will be reserved for the student until the pass has been issued by the ICA. Student Pass holders can commence classes after the student ID has been issued. Student Pass holders must meet the minimum 90% monthly attendance requirements stipulated by the ICA.
The date of reference for year placement by birthdate is April 30 for the 4 year old Preschool Program to Year 12. For the 2 year old Nursery Program and 3 year old Preschool Program applicants must be 2 years old & 3 years old respectively, in order to join the school in January, or they may be admitted upon turning 2 or 3 years old.
Oldham Hall Boarding House
ACS Oldham Hall offers premium boarding facilities in Singapore and places are reserved exclusively for Australian International School students. To find out more about living and studying in Singapore, click here.
Students With Learning Needs
AIS offers a Learning Support Program for students who require support for learning differences. The needs of eligible students will be assessed on an individual basis and parents should discuss their situation with the Admissions Office prior to making an application for enrolment.
English as an Additional Langugae (EAL) Program Fee
The school offers additional education support in English for eligible students for whom English is not their primary language. The school will determine on a case-by-case basis if English as an Additional Langugae (EAL) support is required as a condition of continued enrolment. This EAL Program Fee is payable by term in addition to the Tuition Fee. Specialist teachers are arranged to provide this service and as such, EAL Program Fee is non-refundable should the student subsequently withdraw from the program.
Whole School Information
For more information on our curriculum, please click the links below