1. Notification and arrangement
AIS shall inform the Student immediately within three (3) working days if
- It fails, for any reason, to commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course, for any reason, prior to the Course Commencement Date;
- It fails, for any reason, to complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course, for any reason, prior to Course Completion Date; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA).
AIS shall, within seven (7) working days of notifying the Student in writing of above circumstances (i) to (iv), provide the Student with information and details of the alternative confirmed course arrangement to allow the Student to make timely and appropriate decision on the alternative arrangement.
Current parents can fill out and submit the withdrawal form on ConnectAIS or by clicking here.
2. Withdrawal for cause
Subject to Clause 7, the Student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to AIS of his/her intention to do so if AIS is in breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement or fails to perform its obligation(s) under the circumstances in Clause 1 (i) to (v).
3. Refunds for withdrawal for cause
For circumstances under Clause 1, AIS shall, within seven (7) working days after notifying the Student, refund to the Student the entire amount of the Course Fees. AIS shall also, as soon as practicable after receiving the Student’s notice of withdrawal under Clause 2 (and in any event no later than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice) refund to the Student the amounts stated in this Clause 3.
4. Refunds for withdrawal without cause
Where the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those set out in Clause 2 or Clause 7, AIS shall, subject to Clause 4, as soon as practicable after receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal (and in any event no more than seven (7) working days after receiving such notice) refund to the Student the sums (less any applicable bank administrative charges properly paid/payable under Clause 3) as provided for in Clauses 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3.
4.1 Course Fees
AIS conducts a two semester academic year. Course fees are charged on a per semester basis and are to be paid in advance of the semester commencement.
- Upon the provision of notice of withdrawal on or before 19 October for students due to commence during Semester 1 (January - June), or on or before 13 April for students due to commence during Semester 2 (July to December), there is a Maximum Refund of 100% of that semester’s Course Fees already paid.
- If notice of withdrawal is provided after 19 October (for Semester 1) or after 13 April (for Semester 2) there will be no refund of Course Fees already paid.
- For withdrawal after commencement of a Semester, there is no refund of any portion of that semester’s Course Fees.
4.2 Miscellaneous Fees
The Application fee is payable to AIS at the time the application form is submitted for enrolment. No application is considered until the Application Fee is paid. The Application Fee applies to each student.
The Application Fee is strictly non-refundable and non-transferable, except in the following circumstances:
- AIS is unable to offer a place to a student applicant due to denial of student pass by the relevant Singapore immigration authorities.
- AIS is unable to offer a place to a student applicant due to a waitlist at the School.
- The student applicant does not meet the eligibility criteria for enrolment at the School.
- AIS is unable to offer a place to a student applicant due to sibling priority policy as published by the School.
The Applicant Fee will be refunded in full in the event a student applicant cannot be accepted at AIS for the reasons set out in i) to iv), as determined by AIS in its sole discretion.
AIS will apply a 50% Application Fee discount for the 3rd family member enrolling.
AIS will apply a 100% Application Fee discount for the 4th and subsequent family members enrolling.
The Facilities Fee is payable to AIS after the offer of a place is made and BEFORE the student joins the School. Commencement of classes will be deferred until the Facilities Fee is paid. This Facilities Fee applies to each student.
AIS will apply a 50% Facilities fee discount for the 3rd family member enrolling.
AIS will apply a 100% Facilities fee discount for the 4th and subsequent family member enrolling.
Other Miscellaneous Fees
Other Miscellaneous Fees payable to the AIS shall be due for payment by the later of:
- the commencement of the current school semester in which the fee is incurred; or
- the due date as indicated on the invoice.
Where the Miscellaneous Fees relate to the provision of a good or service on a semesterly basis, no refund or reversal of the fee shall be made where the student withdraws after the term course commencement.
Where the Miscellaneous Fee relates to the provision of a good or service on a singular use or sale basis, no refund or reversal of the fee shall be made where the student has withdrawn after the good or service has been provided to the student.
4.3 Refundable Deposits lodged prior to 21st December 2009
Where a Refundable Deposit is being held for a student enrolled prior to 21st December 2009, the Deposit will be returned in full upon return of the Certificate of Guarantee and payment of any outstanding course or Miscellaneous Fees.
5. Deemed withdrawn
A Student who transfers from the Course to another course with AIS shall, for the purposes of this Refund Policy, be deemed to have withdrawn from the Course and the provisions of Clause 4 shall apply save as otherwise agreed between AIS and the Student.
6. Change of course
7. Force majeure
8. Cancellation of contracts
You have the right to cancel the Student Contract Agreement within seven (7) days from signing the Agreement, or within seven (7) working days from the date this notice has been brought to your attention, whichever is the later (the “Cooling-Off Period”). You have to write to AIS to cancel the Agreement within the Cooling-off Period. You may use this form. You must send such Notice of Cancellation by email to the Director of Admissions and Marketing:
Tel: +65 6319 7640