In 2014, AIS transitioned to a platform of Apple devices across the entire Elementary and Secondary Schools. This move was based on extensive research during the proceeding year and demonstrates a deeper vision for ICT across the whole school, two key elements of which are:
- To get technology ‘out of the way’ of learning and teaching
- To get better educational return on investment from our devices
Given this vision, the School has commited to a program that lifts AIS to the status of a 1:1 technology school from Prep in Elementary to Year 12 in Secondary:
- 1:1 iPad program for all Elementary students (Prep to Year 5)
- 1:1 MacBook program for all Secondary students (Years 6 to 12)
- 1:4 iPad program for our Preschool students
To mirror the learning device in their classrooms, Elementary and Preschool teachers are using using an iPad as their central teaching device, whilst Secondary teachers use MacBooks. In additional to which, the School has a mapped professional development path for our teaching staff, which is supported by Apple.
Welcome to Apple at AIS – the future of ICT for our students.