AIS Staff Undergo World-Class Professional Development Training
Have you ever wondered what happens during Staff Professional Development Days? This week, our teachers from all parts of the School are continuing their professional learning journeys with visits from four world-renowned educational consultants. These programs will directly increase our ability to help all students realise their potential. By investing in our staff we are investing in the quality of teaching and learning and enhancing our students experience.
- Professor Peter Sullivan was the author of the paper that outlines the principles for the development of the Australian Curriculum in Mathematics. This eminent academic has been continuing his work with the Early Years and Elementary School Learning Enrichment Team to introduce a new model of mathematics intervention aimed at preparing students to productively engage in their lessons. He is also working with the wider teaching team to support the development of an inquiry approach to the teaching of mathematics.
- Tania Lattanzio is an experienced international educator who works as a consultant extensively in Asia Pacific and other parts of the world. She joins us in 2017 to further develop our Early Years and Elementary School teachers’ understanding of conceptual learning and inquiry.
- In the Elementary School, Dr Sarah Whyte will work with classroom teachers to broaden their understanding of 'Third Culture Kids' and how best to support them through periods of transition.
- Within the Secondary School, the professional development focus for 2017 is 'Building Inclusive Classrooms', with a focus on supporting EAL and Learning Enrichment students. To start this for the year, the team is welcoming Dr Virginia Rojas, an educational consultant who has worked with more than 200 international schools across the world. She will be working with the Secondary School teachers to design high-challenge, high-support learning experiences to simultaneously strengthen English language proficiency and academic achievement.
- Fostering professional growth at AIS is central to improving student learning outcomes and it is an essential part of the learning journeys that take place every day at the School.
Simply register online to secure your child’s place at AIS.