Orientation Day is an important part of your child’s introduction to school life at AIS and is an opportunity for you to see exactly where you need to come on Day 1, Wednesday 25th January at 8am and also get uniforms, organise lunches, buses and other important parts of school life.
Before commencing school, it is a requirement that your child attends Orientation Day, accompanied by a Parent / Guardian and/or English-speaking Agent/Communicator.
DATE: Thursday, 19th January 2023 (Gate 3 entrance for arrival – Gate 3 listed on all taxi apps)
- SECONDARY SCHOOL – Registration from 8.30am – Finish 10.45am
- ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – Registration from 10.15am – Finish 12.30pm
- EARLY YEARS – Registration from 8.30am – Finish 10.45am
No uniforms are required for orientation.
What to expect
We will start with registration in the Small Gym (staff will direct you where to go) followed by a Welcome from our Head of School before a member of the Sub Schools Senior Leadership Team will take you through what to expect on Day 1 and a tour of the pod areas and classroom so that students know where to go on Wednesday, 25 January, 8am.You will return to the Big Gym after your tour where you can visit one of these booths set up for you:
- Uniform Shop (New – Cash Sales only)
- Parents Association (AISPA) members to chat with and sign up to App and visit Preloved Uniform Shop
- IT for Secondary Students to drop their laptops off to get software added for Wednesday, 25 January
- Bus company to check students are needed and organised
- Sodexo, the school’s catering company to organise school lunches
- School Sports and Cross-Curricular Activities (CCA) sign-up and information
The Small Gym (staff and signage will guide you from Gate 3)
- It is important to arrive on time. This will enable you to collect important class information and also finalise any outstanding documents, details (addresses and phone numbers) or visa requirements
Unable to attend Orientation Day
If for some reason, you are unable to attend Orientation Day, we will need to schedule an enrolment meeting for both your child and a parent or guardian to attend before the commencement of school.
To schedule this meeting, please contact your Enquiry / Admissions Manager at email@example.com
To avoid long waiting periods on the day, we encourage you to submit all necessary documentation, personal details (Singapore phone numbers and address) and payment of the tuition fees prior.
Please contact your respective Enquiry / Admissions Manager if you have any questions or queries.
Orientation Day is one of the most exciting days of the AIS calendar. We look forward to welcoming you and your family as you embark on the first part of your AIS adventure.